Belize Hotel Association Scholarship Program
Belize Hotel Association has established a scholarship program to assist BHA member hotels and businesses employees’, who are unable to meet financial obligations for their child’s high school or tertiary level education. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited educational institution of the student’s choice. This scholarship program is administered by the Administrative Office of BHA under the direction and approval of the Board of Directors of BHA.
Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
- Be a child or stepchild of full-time employees currently employed with the company
- Be under the age of 24 at the time of application deadline, July 15th 2023
- Be enrolled or accepted as a student in high school, associate’s degree program or an accredited vocational or technical institute.
Acceptance & Renewal
- Only one applicant/award recipient per member.
- Awarded Student will receive $1,500 per year
- Annual Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study, continued employment of the student’s parent at a member hotel of Belize Hotel Association and continuation of the program by Belize Hotel Association.
To enroll in the Belize Hotel Association Scholarship Program, applicants can apply by sending in an introduction letter requesting financial aid, along with a full academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 15th, 2023. Applicants will receive acknowledgment of receipt of their application by email within 4 weeks of deadline.