Belize Hotel Association Scholarship Program
Belize Hotel Association has established a scholarship program to assist BHA member hotels and businesses employees’, who are unable to meet financial obligations for their child’s high school or tertiary level education. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited educational institution of the student’s choice. This scholarship program is administered by the Administrative Office of BHA under the direction and approval of the Board of Directors of BHA.
Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
- Be a child or stepchild of full-time employees currently employed with the company
- Be under the age of 24 at the time of application deadline, July 2022
- Be a high school junior or senior or be currently enrolled as a student in a college or an accredited vocational or technical institute or undertaking under-graduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year university in Belize.
Acceptance & Renewal
- Only one applicant/award recipient per member.
- Awarded Student will receive $1,500 per year
- Annual Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study, continued employment of the student’s parent at a member hotel of Belize Hotel Association and continuation of the program by Belize Hotel Association.
To enroll in the Belize Hotel Association Scholarship Program, applicants can apply by sending in an introduction letter requesting financial aid, along with a full academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, no later than July 15th, 2022. Applicants will receive acknowledgment of receipt of their application by email within 4 weeks of deadline.